Planking

Having daily habits is important. I’ve learned that daily habits can be good or bad. An example of a bad habit is going to bed too late every night. A good habit could be reading every day. It’s best to have good habits.

Another good daily habit is exercise. For my Language Arts class we planked. I planked almost every day for seven weeks. Each week I increased the amount of time I planked by 15 seconds. I started at 30 seconds and seven weeks later ended up doing 2 minutes and 15 seconds each day. Before I started this habit of planking I probably could plank for three minutes. After seven weeks of this daily habit I planked for 27 minutes in Language Arts class. 

Part of planking was having an open mindset. I told myself I could do it and I could. A new habit of mine will be complimenting someone every day. Habits can be anything from saying one compliment each day or practicing a sport for an hour. You can start small and then go as far as you want. Do you have any habits? If not, you can start one now. Leave your answer in the comments section.

Published in6th Grade

Be First to Comment